Welcome to the Florida Rehabilitation Association Website
2023 Annual Training Meeting
September 6 – 8, 2023
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, FL 33607
Training Agenda & Registration: CLICK HERE to register for the 2023 Annual Training Meeting. Join your colleagues as vocational rehabilitation professionals from across the state gather for three enriching days of educational sessions, networking opportunities, and professional growth.
Schedule of Events:
- Day 1: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- 11:30am to 1:00pm Conference Registration & Check-in
- 1:00pm to 2:30pm Ethical Marketing, Part I, Aaron Norton, Ph.D.
- 2:45pm to 4:15pm Ethical Marketing, Part II, Aaron Norton, Ph.D.
- 4:30pm to 5:30pm FRA Open Board Meeting (Attendance Optional)
- Day 2: Thursday, September 7, 2023
- 7:30am to 8:00am Registration & Check-in
- 8:00am to 9:30am Knowledge is P.O.W.E.R.: Supporting Individuals with Chronic Pain to their Vocational Goals, Jamie White
- 9:45am to 11:15pm REHABILITATION TECHNOLOGIES – Service, Education and Research, Stephen Sundarrao
- 11:30pm to 12:30pm Lunch (provided with registration) & RSA Scholar Panel, Presented byChristina Dillahunt-Aspillaga, PhD
- 12:30pm to 2:00pm DBS & DVR Updates, Brent McNeal, DVR & Robert Doyle, DBS
- 2:00pm to 3:30pm Partnering with Businesses/Providing WBLEs for PWDs, John Ficca
- 3:45pm to 5:15pm Vocational Evaluation: How To Get What You Want (but not always what you expect), Karla Wooten
- Day 3: Friday, September 8, 2023
- 7:30am to 8:30am Registration and Breakfast Buffet (provided with registration)
- 8:30am to 10:00am Rehabilitation Considerations for People Experiencing Symptoms of Psychosis, Dorjan Kraja
- 10:15am to 11:45am Crowdsourcing Hope- Illuminating Will Power & Way Power through Shared Lived Experiences, Kristin Kosyluk, Ph.D.
- 11:45am to 12:30pm Closing Remarks, Program Evaluation, CRC & CVE Credits
Discounted Conference Rate: CLICK HERE to take advantage of the exclusive discounted conference rate of $149.00 per night. Discounted room rates are available for three days before and after the event, allowing you to extend your stay and make the most of your time in Tampa. Please note that the room rate does not include parking.
Parking Options: The Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay offers complimentary self-parking as well as valet services at a daily cost of $40.00.
Cut-Off Date for Reservations: The cut-off date for securing the discounted reservation rate is August 15, 2023. Book your room early to guarantee the discounted rate.
Cancellation Policy: The hotel charges one night at the time of booking but allows cancellations with no fee up to 72 hours prior to the event.
Exclusive Benefits for Conference Guests: The destination fee is waived for conference attendees staying at the hotel. Guest benefits include unlimited use of the fitness center and sauna, complimentary high-speed WIFI, two complimentary daily water bottles, beach kits, and pool access. Start your day with free coffee from 4:00 am to 6:30 am in the lobby. Explore Tampa Bay with bicycle rentals (2 hours/day) and receive 10% off kayak rentals.
See you soon at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay!
For more information, please contact:
Dorjan Kraja, FRA President
[email protected] | 727-430-0132
Denise Giarrusso, FRA Past President
[email protected] | 813-205-1128
Face coverings are required in hotel indoor public spaces and when moving around in outdoor areas. Your safety is our concern, social distancing will be maintained during this event for those who attend face-to-face.